O Valuing was finally released, and with him his new agent Reyna! Check here in this guide everything about the character and how to play with her. The Mexican agent was one of the first to be launched, and many are still at a loss when playing with Reyna Valorant.
Also check out: Beginner's Guide to Valorant!
About the Character
"Poor wretched creatures" - Reyna
Reyna was raised in the heart of Mexico.
First of all, Reyna Valorant is a great duelist, which means that her skill set is a way to go up and kill / leave alive better than other champions. She specializes in individual combat.
In appearance, Reyna has part of her hair dyed purple. In clothes, she has only one arm covered while the other is exposed, with tattoos on display. The greatest strength of her appearance is the threatening look she gives her enemies.
Reyna is one of the strongest characters in the game, being one of the favorites for both casual and professional players. She has one of the best flashes in the game, and her gameplay is extremely aggressive.
Are you in doubt which doll to choose for your moves? Go from Reyna who has no mistake! But be careful: Reyna's good gameplay is supported by her performance in the match, so her power will depend on the number of kills made.
However, Reyna may not be the best choice if you are a newcomer to the game, so be aware of that, it can be a little difficult to adapt to the gameplay of the agent, and also to the need for slaughtering to develop your skills.
Among his passives and abilities are the possibility of blinding enemies, recovering HP, invincibility and even buffs of speed (ultimate). Reyna has a style of play aimed at herself at the expense of the team, being strong in 1v1 combat.
Before we start talking in more detail about Reyna’s abilities, it’s important that you know that when the agent kills an enemy she can absorb “Soul Orbs”, which serve to fuel her skills. That is, some of your skills cost orbs, being highly dependent on combat and kills to become stronger.
You also need to be quick, as the orbs that appear only last three seconds, and this is the time that you will have to decide if you are going to absorb the orb or not.
And attention! Orbs will only appear when Reyna kills an enemy, assists don’t count, and deaths from other allies don’t generate orbs either, so Reyna’s player needs to get down to business.
Knowing this, let's go to the guide:
Reyna Valorant skill guide
Voracious Look - C (200 $)
Reyna throws an eye up which after a while bursts blinding all enemies who are looking for him. Do not blind allies.
Tips for using this skill:
- The Voracious Look can pass through walls, so it is very interesting to open rooms and passages to surprise your enemies.
- But pay attention to make sure that your enemies will be looking at it and will be blind (or at the very least it will take their attention away from the time they seek to destroy the Look), otherwise you may be surprised.
- The Voracious Look ability can be destroyed if your enemies shoot him. So, always vary the spots you are going to play to always be surprising your enemies.
- It is not recommended to use Voracious Look against a large number of enemies, as you may lose control of how many people have been hit, making it harder to reach the entire group.
Devour - Q (200 $ - Shared with Dismiss)
Queen consumes an orb to regenerate your life. In addition, the ability brings overheal, which means it can give you 50 more life, as a "replacement" for the vest. If you already have the vest, the overheat does not work. Survival, however, is temporary, disappearing after a while.
The downside of this skill is that the trail left between the orb and Reyna will show your enemies your exact position.
Tips for using this skill:
- In the first round of each team the skill is very strong if used well; a good strategy is to kill the first enemy and use Devour to gain overheal, so that you have the advantage of a heavy shield over your enemies.
- It is a good opportunity to use in clutchs, making your enemy not sure how much life you have after striking even with your colleague's information on how much damage you have taken.
- Attention, it is necessary to be in the field of vision of the orb for the healing to be complete. If, for example, you are behind a wall for more than a second, healing will stop.
Dismiss - E ($ 200 - Shared with Devour)
Dispensing uses the same orb mechanics as Devorar. When looking at an orb after eliminating an enemy and using Dismiss, your character is invulnerable.
Tips for using this skill:
- During Dismissing Reyna's invulnerability animation, you cannot shoot or play another skill, that is, be very careful with your position after the skill ends.
- The skill has a great use for repositioning, that is, killing 1 enemy in a complicated situation against the other team and then using Dismiss to reposition and gain cover for your team.
- Dispensing can also be used to collect information for your team, taking advantage of the time that is invulnerable.
- Are you in doubt between using Dismiss or Devour? It all depends on your position at the time of the kill. If it's a 1v1, choose to Devour to regain your life. On the other hand, if you are in a scenario with many enemies, use Dismiss for an opportunity to reposition yourself.
Empress - X (Reyna's Ultimate)
Cost: 6 points
Empress makes Valorant afraid of Reyna and she goes into a state of fury, increasing the firing speed of weapons, equipment and ammunition. It also leaves the orbs of souls infinite, being able to use Devour and Dismiss as many times as you want in the skills recharge period and resetting the last when you kill someone. In addition, Imperatriz also grants a Buff to Devour and Dismiss; The buffs are as follows:
- Devour: Healing is activated instantly after eliminating an enemy, without having to cast the ability.
- Dispensing: In addition to invulnerability, it also makes Reyna invisible and gain movement speed.
Tips for using this skill:
- The buffs given by the last can be used very well for a retake, to be able to win 1v1 from any other player if you have the skill, so try to save it for the end of the round.
- It is a good idea to use it also when it is low on life, since if you kill an enemy you will instantly regain life, in addition to regenerating the ult again.
- The invisibility given by Dispensar has no animation, making it very easy to use it to escape, reposition itself in strategic places, etc.
How, then, to get the best out of Reyna in her gameplay? The answer is performance. It is necessary to face the slap and go up, being aggressive and doing many slaughterings, because it is from them that she develops her full potential.
Reyna is dubbed in Brazilian Portuguese by Patt Souza, who also voices Mel in The Last of Us 2 and gives voice to characters like Levy from Fairy Tail and Mina from My Hero Academia.
Reyna is a very intense character, and that only increases with her Mexican roots. The character has striking phrases such as “I will rip hearts out”, “we will show them who we are”, “dominate everything”, “it is not arrogance, I am superior”, “you are nothing”, “I have already stepped in so many corpses, whatever makes a few more ”, among many others, choose Reyna for your gameplay and make your opponents afraid!
See all of Reyna's phrases in the video below:
In addition to Reyna, Valorant has 14 other playable agents, has characters for all tastes and preferences. Each character represents a country, as does Reyna, who represents Mexico.
There is even a character representing Brazil! That's right, rays, another duelist from the game is from the Brazilian lands, she is even a good choice for beginners. Want more options for duelists to play? Has the jett, representative of South Korea, Phoenix, from the United Kingdom and Yoru, from Japan.
The other classes of characters are: Initiator, a category that contains characters focused on setting the stage for action, whether passing information to your teammates or disrupting enemy defenses. The initiator class belongs to the characters Breach, from Sweden, Sleep, from Russia and Skye, from Australia.
Sentinel is the most defensive class. As the name suggests, they usually have skills that prioritize the lookout, or set traps for enemies. Chinese sentinels are Legend, the Moroccan Cypher and the german killjoy.
Finally, the controllers, the support class. Their skills are usually focused on gaining advantages for their team's attack, such as smoke. They are usually chosen by players who prefer to work with strategies. Agents belong to the controllers class Omen, the only non-national character in the game, Americans Brimstone and Viper and the Ghanaian Astra.
But remember: at the beginning of the game, only five agents will be available to play, the others will need to be unlocked! See here the best Valorant character unlock order.
Do you enjoy playing Reyna? Do you think she is the best duelist in the game? Leave it in the comments!