Studio CD Projekt Red, the same as the The Witcher franchise, will correct the problems that persist since Day Zero of the game with Cyberpunk 2077 1.2 Patch
Cyberpunk 2077 was a milestone in gaming history. A pity that it was a milestone similar to No Man Sky and other games that, for some reason, were released full of bugs, problems and promises not kept by the developer. Part of that was the development of several versions of the same game, changes in console generation and fans' rush to play through the streets of Night City alongside star Keanu Reeves.
However, with the release postponed several times, it was clear that fans could not stand to wait any longer and the company found itself under pressure to launch the game without the due tests and corrections that the game deserved. This was a serious blow to the reputation of CD Projekt Red, which was reputed to only release games with the highest quality standards, as was the case with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and its wonderful DLC and expansions.
However, the damage was not only in the image of the company, but also in the pocket. Players irritated by the poor quality of the game and several bugs and problems caused stores, such as the Playstation Store, to remove the game from its shelves and authorize, without question, the refund to players who wanted to. Similar attitudes took place in the Microsoft Store on Xbox and Steam.
Now, with several patches being released since Day Zero, CD Projekt Red is racing to deliver players the promised experience and bring the same level of excellence as The Witcher to its franchise set in the city of Night City.
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.2: Find out what's next
It is massive what comes in the Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.2 . It will bring several corrections, from visual and sound, to gameplay corrections, missions, in the open world, design of cinematic scenes, ambience, graphics and other aspects. The information available on the Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.2 that appear on platforms indicate that the PC update will be around 30GB and on consoles something between 40GB to 44GB.
The list of Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.2 is giant and can be seen in the official website of the game, but, let's put here some of the most impactful in the player's experience. There are more than 500 updates, divided into several categories and some specific to a particular platform.
- The radius of appearance of the Night City Police when the player commits a crime has been increased significantly.
- New driving sensitivity slider menu added to the control settings. It allows to reduce the driving speed of all vehicles on all input devices. Particularly useful for keyboard users.
- Posters in A Fucking Place they can no longer be destroyed before the competition (which can lead to blocked progression).
- Forgive now update correctly if V leaves the studio early.
- Fixed inability to draw weapons at the Poppy Farm during The hunt.
- Fixed an error where immobilizing gang members could hinder progress in A Fucking Place.
- The progress of Join Chamba for Dex it is no longer prevented if Dum Dum dies at the same moment as the last enemy.
- Fixed an error where it was impossible to complete the objective of destroying flamingos if they had already been destroyed before the objective was activated in I'll take a taxi: Rancho Coronado.
- Collisions will no longer fail randomly while driving, causing V to enter buildings or fall out of the world.
- Destructible items will not become indestructible after loading a saved game.
- Fixed an error where Night City Police offenses were not marked as completed after looting the target's container.
- Fixed an error where achievements for completing district activities were not always unlocked.
Graphics, audio, animations
- Correction of NPCs moving after they die.
- Improved rendering of distant textures.
- Correction of a visual problem with fast travel and kinematic transition.
- Adjust the visual quality of some elements underwater.
- Improvement in the quality of material details.
- Correction of incorrect V position when riding a motorcycle.
- Improvement of indoor and outdoor lighting sources.
- Adjustment of the quality of the land in medium and low configurations.
- Corrected the absence of a crack in the mirror after V broke it.
- Fixed an error where pink particles appeared when approaching the camera.
Environment and levels
- The objective will no longer be stuck in “Neutralize the attackers” in Paranoia.
- V will no longer be trapped within a starting VA if it is in the pipes under Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Opposites Attract.
- Fixed an error where two quick trip points were not appearing on the map.
- Correction of several errors related to inappropriate NPC behavior in combat, such as changing to the correct attack mode or getting stuck in a certain location.
- Fixed several NPC-related issues not responding to the presence of V or not engaging in combat properly.
- Correction of several problems related to NPCs crossing objects.
- Fixed several issues related to incorrect or missing contents of lootable items.
- Correction of several problems related to V not being able to interact with lootable items.
- Corrected censorship when playing a copy of the game from a region other than Japan while the console region is set to Japan or Japanese.
- A settings option to hide possible enemy markers has been added to the interface tab.
- A configuration option to hide the name of NPCs above the head has been added to the interface tab.
- Telemetry consent is now saved in the user profile and synchronized via the cloud.
- Improved loading logic for the last control point when no saved file exists.
- Game fix forcing a black screen after changing the difficulty in the pause menu.
- Improvements in the navigation of arrows / directional buttons in the menus.
- Improved navigation of arrows / directional buttons in the Load / Save menu.
wake up samurai
Cyberpunk 2077 is a first-person RPG and action game, set in the fictional city of the future Night City, a wide open world map where players can freely explore, do missions, talk to NPC in any way they want. You control V, an outlaw mercenary behind a single implant that carries the key to immortality. You can customize your character's cyber gadgets, skill set and play style and explore a vast city where decisions made define the history and the world around you.
Cyberpunk 2077 is available for PlayStation 4, Google Stadia, Xbox One and PC. A version for Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 is scheduled for release this year, but players can play the previous generation's version via backwards compatibility. O Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.2 arrived on March 29 for Pc, Xbox and Playstation. The version of Google Stadia is yet to be announced.
Update note 31/03/2021
After a long “punishment” period outside the PlayStation Store, Cyberpunk 2077 can return to Sony's online store. According to the Kotaku website, Michal Nowakowski, senior vice president of development for CD Projekt Red, said in a question and answer session the following:
We published several patches and we just published a very large one yesterday and we will publish several hotfixes. each of them brings us closer to returning to the PSN store. The final decision, you need to understand, belongs to Sony. We believe so, that we are closer, but of course the final word is theirs. So, let's wait.Michael Nowakowski
However, Sony did not comment on the return of the game to its store nor what are the criteria that CD Projekt Red must follow in order for Cyberpunk to be relaunched in its store.
Read more about cyberpunk 2077 on our website and let us know in the comments what you think of the game. Bought and liked it? Did you request a refund? Are you scared of the size of the upcoming update?