MUMO Studio has officially announced that the next closed beta test of DUBIUM will take place between December 15th and 21st. This 5-player game set in a near-future sci-fi universe offers a unique take on the popular genre of social deduction, and MUMO's developers are eager to see how people react when playing it!
while the Kickstarter supporters are guaranteed a seat in this invitation-only closed beta test, MUMO encourages all fans to subscribe to the DUBIUM official website for a chance to be included. Registration ends on December 14th, so don't delay! In the meantime, take a look at the beginning of the beta gameplay to see what to expect:
Watch the DUBIUM Beta gameplay trailer
How to participate in the DUBIUM beta test
Kickstarter supporters will receive an email prior to the CBT period with a Steam key and instructions on how to participate. No need to sign up! Everyone else has a chance to be included in the invite-only beta test by signing up for the DUBIUM official website. If chosen, players will receive an email within 48 hours with instructions and a beta test key to redeem on Steam.
Regions and time zones
In order to provide the best possible start-up experience on DUBIUM, CBT servers are limited to the following regions and time periods between December 15th and 21st to allow developers to monitor and resolve any issues that may arise:
- North America - 17pm to 12pm CST
- Europe - 17:12 to XNUMX:XNUMX CET
- Korea – 17pm to 12pm KST
Start and end times can be set a few hours earlier or later on certain days, but the times listed above are when the servers will definitely be available. Depending on the distance from server locations, players may experience server delays or lag during gameplay. Players outside the server's regions are welcome, but you should keep this potential issue in mind.
Content and Media Creators
There will be no restrictions on showing gameplay during this event and both media and content creators are strongly encouraged to showcase DUBIUM on their channels and media!
DUBIUM is a 5-player social deduction game set in a near-future sci-fi universe. Players assume the role of Frontier or Traitor and must escape an abandoned space station by any means necessary. Frontiers will cooperate to repair the solar panels that power the escape pod while trying to discover the identity of the only Traitor.
Players must not relax until they escape; the Traitor will sabotage the Borders' efforts at every step as they attempt to complete their own mission. The Traitor must hide his identity and use deceit and treachery to destroy the Borders one by one in order to escape the station unopposed. Everyone wants to get out alive. Trust no one.
- A visually impressive social deduction game – The graphics feature an exaggerated art style that is out of the ordinary for social deduction games. Players will interact, explore, and sometimes kill with beautifully animated, cartoon-like characters.
- Configurable Character and Gadget System – Enhance characters by upgrading your gadgets with rewards earned during gameplay. The variety of gadget combinations will allow players to customize their characters according to their playing style.
- A survival thriller built for streaming – viewers will participate in the game using a Twitch extension to suggest actions or help make decisions for the streaming streamer.
- Unpredictable and suspenseful gameplay – As long as players complete their missions, how they play depends on them. The different playing styles and strategies will catch players off guard. Anyone can stab others in the back to stand a chance of victory. Players must be careful with each other until the moment they leave the space station.
- Universal Game with Radio Messages – Communicate in-game via integrated voice lines and expressions. This feature makes it easy to play with others around the world, even if the players speak different languages.
Check out the DUBIUM website, follow on Twitter and Facebook and join the community Discord for more details on game development and updates on Kickstarter campaign and upcoming closed beta test. Make sure you want the list. DUBIUM on Steam!
Talk to us in the comments and let us know if you liked this news and take the opportunity to read more News on our website.