Without a formal announcement, Nintendo carried out a new price increase in games for Switch in the store eShop to Brazil. Games like Astral Chain Edition received the increment. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX and Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition are now coming out for R $ 300 and other non-exclusive ones like Bayonetta, Dragon Quest and New Super Lucky's Tale also had their prices changed.
The increases vary between 18% and 22%. Games that cost R $ 250 are now worth R $ 300, for example. Others rose in value less drastically.
Check it out here: Nintendo Switch will be officially launched in Brazil
The first games to undergo readjustments were Paper Mario: The Origami King (which has already been released on the eShop for R $ 300) and Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics a few weeks ago, which started to cost R $ 200. In this last round of readjustments, Luigi's Mansion 3 disappeared from the Brazilian eShop, so there is speculation that it will also cost R $ 300. Prices were changed by a maximum of R $ 50. It remains to wait to see if more titles will be readjusted. A few weeks ago, two games went through the same process: Paper mario: the origami king e Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics.
Check below the list of new values of Nintendo games with their old and new values:
- Astral Chain: from R $ 250 to R $ 300
- Bayonetta: from R $ 125 to R $ 150
- Bayonetta 2: from R $ 209 to R $ 250
- Boxboy! + BOXGIRL!: from R $ 42 to R $ 51
- Cadence of Hyrule - Crypt of the Necrodancer: from R $ 105 to R $ 128
- Captain Toad: Trasure Tracker: from R $ 167 to R $ 200
- DAEMON X MACHINA: from R $ 250 to R $ 300
- Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise: from R $ 209 to R $ 250
- Dragon Quest Builders: from R $ 209 to R $ 250
- Dragon Quest Builders 2: from R $ 250 to R $ 300
- Dragon Quest XI - Echoes of an Elusive Age: Definitive Edition: from R $ 250 to R $ 300
- Fitness Boxing: from R $ 209 to R $ 250
- Good Job!: from R $ 84 to R $ 100
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition: from R $ 250 to R $ 300
- New Super Lucky's Tale: from R $ 168 to R $ 200
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX: from R $ 250 to R $ 300
- Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido: from R $ 209 to R $ 250
- The World Ends with You: Final Remix: from R $ 209 to R $ 250
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore: from R $ 250 to R $ 300
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition: from R $ 250 to R $ 300
And the reason for this increase?
The main reason may be the increase in dollar. The US currency opened the year 2020 and traded at R $ 4,01, but is currently at R $ 5,36. The figure is 29% higher than at the beginning of January, but nothing has been confirmed in this regard.
See also: Vigor is available for Nintendo Switch
What did you think about this price increase of games? Leave your opinion in the comments.