A party for your party! Animal companions, summoned summons and magical mecha in the world of The Waylanders!
The world of Waylanders is closer than you think! Stay tuned for the June 8 launch date announcement at the IGN Summer of Gaming show! As the hype grows, the team receives many questions from fans, such as: Do I get this ship as a base? Yea! Can you date Nazhedja? Yea! Are there pets? YEA!
Also check out: Beginner's Guide to Valorant!
No RPG is complete without an animal companion who is willing to kill monsters at his side, and The Waylanders is no different. While the Waylanders' resident werewolf Rea meets the description, she takes offense at being called a pet.
Although most classes don't have a furry, feathered or scaled friend, the Rangers in The Waylanders have twelve different animal companions to choose from. However, these pet companions level up like you and have unique abilities that damage, distract, heal and cause status effects. Ranger animal companions are always with the party and can be told to act like all the other characters. While some of these pets are of specific breed and advanced class, many can travel alongside any type of Ranger that the player chooses to create.
Ranger Pets in The Waylanders
- Dog - A furry friend with a disturbing shell and sharp bite
- Lobo - A cunning pack hunter with self-healing attacks and an invigorating howl
- Boar - A strong ally with sharp fangs and a devastating charge
- Stag - A fast fighter with sharp hooves and a tough skull
- Rabbit - A lightning-fast companion with some unexpected tricks
- Urso - a fearsome guardian with wild jaws
- Corvo - A dark omen on the wings with a shaving nozzle
- Jay - A colorful bird with sharp claws and an assault
- Panther - An agile predator that favors attacks and bites
- Spider - A patient and terrifying hunter with a spiny web
- Dragon - A legendary beast with powerful wings and explosive breath
- Drake - A scaly-skinned carnivore with lethal charge and deadly breath
While pets are not an early access launch feature, the team wants to know if it's something fans are excited about. So, check out more on Twitter
Anyway, characters with a magical inclination will also not lose pets. Special summon summons used by a variety of classes summon spectral creatures that fight alongside the group for a short time after using their abilities. Summoning the Savage, for example, allows a Healer to call on a spiritual guardian to assist the party.