How do backup WhatsApp? Have you already thanked that today it is possible to make a backup? Practice is a lifesaving alternative to maintaining the integrity of your data, photos, videos, documents and more important things you have, regardless of whether it's on WhatsApp, on the smartphone Android, iOS, Windows ou MacBook.
If you don't know much about backup, in short, it's a backup, either of storage or system to a more secure location, that allows you to restore the file in case you lost it at its starting point. You can backup to several locations you see below:
Looking for some external hard drive? Did you know that there are good options for a very low price? So it is! That's why I present you the best selling hard drives from Amazon! Take a look and have the best storage for everything!
Where to store?
The Cloud is an excellent option to save your files, in short, you keep your files on a platform connected to the internet and it is extremely secure. We have several services available for you to choose which is the best, among the most popular, we have Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and iCloud. And the best of all? All are free! This is a more current alternative and you can handle it better.
If the Cloud is a more current alternative, on the other hand, we have physical media that refers to HDs, DVDs, CDs and our dear pen drive. To store on these physical media you must have a computer to play the files.
If the content you want to back up is videos and photos, be aware that you can store everything on Google Photos. And the best part is that you can sync the photos you take on your Android mobile device with your Google account and they are automatically saved. The alternative is great for those who like to take selfies, film trips, important moments, etc.
How to backup WhatsApp?
- Visit settings (three dots in the right corner).
- Please click Conversations and then in Conversation Backup.
- Log in to your Google account.
- In this step, you will choose if the frequency that the backup will take place – if it will be daily, weekly, monthly or even manual.
- Also define whether the backup will be done only when the phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network or also with the mobile connection. Be careful not to waste your mobile data, ok?.
- Please click Do backup and ready.
On the iPhone
- Access the WhatsApp menu.
- Please click Conversations and depois Conversation Backup.
- Select the Backup Now.
- In the Auto Backup option, you select the items that should be automatically saved and also the frequency at which the backup should be done.
- In this case, the backup only works if iCloud is active.
How to backup Windows?
Step 1: Click the Start button and open Control Panel.
Step 2: Go in Backup and Restoration.
Step 3: If this is your first login, click on Configure Backup and follow the system instructions.
Step 4: For those who already have a backup, but just want to update it to make it more complete, the next step is to click on Create new full backup and follow the step by step.
Step 5: The backup must be saved on physical media which then has to be kept in a safe place and preferably away from the source computer.
How to backup Android?
- Go to the device settings tab and click on Accounts and backup.
- Then go to Make Backup and Restore.
- To back up, it will ask you to confirm an account. Just inform the email you use to set up the device account and voialá.
How to backup iPhone (iOS)?
- Access the window of Settings device and click on the option with your name.
- Select the iCloud and then choose which files should be backed up.
- Now just click ICloud Backup
- Then click on back up now.
How to back up my MacBook?
When backing up to Apple computers, it's very important that you know that you need to use Time Machine.
- Connect an external drive that is compatible with your MacBook.
- Go to Time Machine settings and click Select Backup Disk.
- Choose the desired backup disk and click on use disk.
More about backup
In computing, backup (in English: backup) is the copying of data from one storage device to another so that it can be restored if the original data is lost, which may involve accidental deletion or data corruption.
Widespread backup media include CD-ROM, DVD, hard drive, external hard drive (USB compatible), magnetic tapes and external (online) backup. This transports data over a network such as the Internet to another environment, usually to more sophisticated, large-scale and high-security equipment. Another not widespread form of backup is done via the network.
On the local computer network itself, the administrator or the person responsible for the backup records the data in a file format, processes and distributes the parts that make up the copy on the network computers, in a secure (files are protected), encrypted (for there is no extraction or access to the data in its original form) and hidden (in most cases the file is hidden).
Backups are often confused with fault tolerant files and systems. They differ from files in that while files are primary copies of data, backup copies are secondary copies of data. They differ from fault tolerant systems in that backups assume that failure will cause data loss, while fault tolerant systems assume that failure will not.
Backup copies must comply with several parameters, such as: execution time, frequency, the number of copies of the stored copies, the time that the copies must be kept, the storage capacity, the method of rotation between devices, the compression and encryption of data.
Thus, the copy execution speed must be increased as much as possible so that the degree of interference of this procedure in the services is minimal. The frequency must be analyzed according to the amount of data changed in the organization, however if the volume of data is high, copies must be daily. A time should be established for making the copy, according to the organization's work, and it should preferably be at night. For easy location, the copy should be kept by date and category in a safe place. Via: Wikipedia