Want to tell a macabre story with your sims? So how about becoming a Black Widow in The Sims 4, accumulating power, money and ghosts in your house
- Black Widow Challenge Rules in The Sims 4
- playing the challenge
- Additional steps
- Final Recommendations
- Whatever you want in The Sims 4
Everyone must have heard of the term “black widow”, even before the explosion of popularity of the character experienced by actress Scarlett Johansson in the cinematographic universe of Marvel Comics. The idea comes from a species of spider that, after finishing the act of intercourse with the male, kills him and devours him. In popular culture there are many movies and books with characters that can be called “black widows”. Plus, you can be one in your The Sims 4 too.
Challenges have emerged from the earliest versions of The Sims and add a new way to play, with the player putting their own rules and limitations on the game. In this challenge, the goal is to have a series of relationships, kill your spouses and keep them haunting your house, while accumulating money and building a mansion for your sim. If you're interested in doing this, let's explain some rules for this challenge.
Black Widow Challenge Rules in The Sims 4
Main objective: Have 5 ghosts living with you in your mansion. These ghosts must be deceased spouses. The challenge ends when all the ghost spouses are living in the house with their main sim and you've completed the Mansion Baron's Aspiration and have the skills and ingredients to cook ambrosia. You also earn the Black Widow achievement in-game.
How to make money
No money cheating. Your black widow sim may not have a job/career. You can only earn money by collecting, fishing and carving wood or pumpkins, but only before your sim gets married or between spouses.
You can also earn money from gardening, but you can only have plants in beds and you can have as many gardeners as your ghost spouses live in the house. Only spouses can cultivate. (This means you can't use a cow plant to get rid of your first mate. Note that a cow plant should be placed on a hard surface when it's fully grown so that the pot will appear underneath it.)
The main source of your income is the money your spouse brings in as live sims when you ask them to move. If your spouse comes home with a career, you can keep them in that career (after all, they won't live long enough to earn much money) and you can decorate/use any of the career reward items they may have unlocked. .
Every time you invite a future partner into the house, you must build it or change it. This could be an extra room or upgrades to existing items or decorations, but the house should be increasing in size and value over the course of the challenge. If you move, it must be to a house that is worth more than your current house. You can ''save'' some of the money for a move later, but you still need to improve your current home.
playing the challenge
Aging on or off is up to you. If you play with aging, you can use Potions of Youth to keep your Black Widow Sim young, but he/she must buy it himself. Your black widow can have any pets, but make sure you have room for your spouses. Pets must travel with their black widow whenever she travels anywhere. Keep Full Autonomy enabled.
Start with a new sim made in CAS. He/she must have the jealous streak. You can make a pet at this point or adopt one later in the game. Move it to one of the pre-existing starting squares in the game, not an empty lot. You can add batch features to handle the difficulty level of your challenge, but not to make it any easier.
Find a suitable sim to be the first spouse, build a relationship to the point where you can ask them to move. Must also have some level of romantic relationship.
At least 3 of the five spouses must have the jealous streak. (You can go to CAS and use the 'casfulledit on' cheat to change one of your traits to jealous if you can't find any citizens who already have that trait.) Move the future sim-pair into your house and decorate/build/enlarge the initial house.
Prerequisites for the death of a spouse
- Needless to say, you obviously have to be married and also be your spouse's Best Friend.
- Soul mate with your spouse or the romance bar completely filled.
- An encounter with the Gold score after they have moved into the house and the encounter must take place at the house.
- A Potion of Youth (Paid with Satisfaction Points earned through wishes together with the spouse)
- A Flag Acara (Anyone can take this at any point in the challenge)
- A new pet-mastered training trick, if applicable.
- Your Black Widow sim must witness the death of each spouse. (If that fails for some reason, then cry in the urn)
Choose 2 of the following options to do with your spouse before killing him. It is not necessary to make the whole list. Just choose 2 out of all options. This can be repeated for each spouse if you like.
- A Party with a Gold score;
- A shopping trip to Magnolia Promenade. (Must spend simoleons and have something to put at home as a 'shopping day souvenir' – Need the “On the Job” DLC)
- A weekend away to Granite Falls. (It can be any of the two days of the week - Requires the "Outdoor Retreat" DLC)
- A night in a nightclub dancing until dawn.
- A visit to the spa. (Complete two options: Massage, Yoga Class, Foot Massage or Hand Massage or Mud Bath for both sims – Need the DLC “Spa Day”)
- A trip to the gym followed by a relaxing massage. (Both sims should work out and push the limits while energized and massage can take place at home if you have a massage table – “Spa Day DLC” needed)
- A trip to the gym followed by a refreshing drink at a bar. (Both sims must work out and push the limits while energized)
- A picnic in a park: One of the sims should talk to a gardener or a professional fishing sim in the community. (Use the barbecue in the park and the food must be of excellent quality)
- Visit a community pool. Swim, splash and chat in the pool. Have a meal there. (You will need to build this lot or download one from gallery / library or add a pool to one of the existing parks in build mode if you don't have the Join the crowd To eat there you can put a grill and cook or bring a dish from home with you in your inventory.)
- A visit to a lot that has an obstacle course for pets. Train your pet for at least 2 hours yes. Feed your pet there and then take a medium walk (dog) or play with a cat toy (1 hour yes) – You need the Cats and Dogs DLC.
- Take your pet for a check-up at a veterinarian. Buy pet food from a vendor and feed it before returning home. (Bring a pet bowl – DLC Cats and Dogs needed.)
- Buy veterinary treatment at a veterinary clinic and then go for a run with your dog – You need DLC Cats and Dogs.
- Take a long walk with your dog and have 10 friendly interactions – You need the Cats and Dogs DLC.
- Help a teenager with his homework and become a good friend.
- A visit to a neighbor's house. (You must be a good friend of the neighbor before you leave)
- Make the spouse win two games of chess.
- Play three card games together.
- Play two games of horseshoes together.
- Cut two squashes of excellent quality or better and preserve both. (Principal or Spouse Yes Can Do This - Needs the Amazing DLC)
- Create three great items with wooden crafts.
- 'Double Life' in the game.
- Simulation game that lets you play with life in an innovative way
- Create new sims with intelligence and emotions, whose actions are informed and affected by their interactions and emotional states
- Use new, intuitive and fun creation tools
- Seoul is the personal domain of Doctor Babylon, mad scientist of LEGION and minister of Superb, and his troupe of supporting villains
- Rating: 12 Years
- An overnight camping trip in one of the home worlds. Grill a fish over the fire for dinner. (Travel to somewhere like lakeside in the area where the Lothario family lives. Use the 'Put in the World' option to place a tent and campfire, etc. from a Sims inventory.)
- A trip to the Library. Play chess, read a book and research something on the computer. (both yes)
- A trip to the museum. Look at 10 paintings/museum items and paint one painting. (both yes)
- A visit to a lounge. Play a song / Practice / Sing songs or use the microphone to tell jokes. Have two drinks. (both yes)
- A trip to a karaoke bar. The two sims will sing 2 solos and a duet. The duet can be with any sim, but preferably with each other. Both sims for a drink at the bar.
- A visit to a cafe together. Both sims must order food and at least one drink each. Both sims complete a book reading while there.
- For Vampire spouses: Drink deeply from 12 different sims.
- For vampire spouses: Turn 5 different sims into vampires.
- Aliens: Be discovered by five different Sims.
- Visit a bowling alley and complete two games of bowling together. Dine at the Bowling Alley (bar) – Need DLC Bowling Night.
- A trip to a restaurant. Both sims must eat a three-course meal with at least one drink. (If your sim is a vampire with stomach weakness, that means 3 Plasma Janes as a meal replacement plus deep drinking from a waiter.)
- Create a complete type of frogs (eg one of each: heart frog, striped heart, spotted heart, surfed heart, white heart. This must be done by the spouse)
- Collect 5 different types of the same collector type. (eg 5 different postcards or 5 different microscopic prints etc. All collected by spouse.)
- Collect 50 wild plants and unlock the achievement 'Interest in Harvest' in-game.
- Visit 25 lots and unlock the 'Knock Knock' achievement in game.
- Boo-Boo with one of your ex-ghost spouses while your current living spouse is living in the house and unlock the 'How Would It Be?' in the game.
- Complete 10 whims in a social event and unlock the 'With Will' achievement in-game.
- Pee your pants during a date and unlock the achievement 'So… Call you?' in the game.
- Marry an alien in disguise without your sim finding out he is an alien and unlock the achievement
Inviting the Ghost to the house:
Once the “death act” has been done, you will have to place the urn/tombstone somewhere and wait until the ghost appears. This usually takes a few nights. Because you had such a strong relationship with your spouse before he died, the option to ask him to join the family should come up immediately. If not, you can activate the test console, right click on the ghost and choose the interaction to add the sim to the family.
The reason I've included this is that if your spouse's ghost is eliminated, it will ruin the challenge for you. You must invite (or cheat) the ghost into the house the first time it appears.
Once the ex-ghost spouse has been added, you cannot control the ghost except to direct it to the garden, fish and eat a cow plant cake to get the essence or to change the aspirations for the points raking . (You can use these extra points for any potion for your Black Widow sim, except Potions of Youth). If you're going to leave the lot, you can take the ghosts with you or not, it's up to you. You must do your best to maintain a decent level of friendship with all your ex-ghost spouses. The friendship bar should be green.
Complete the Baron of Mansions Aspiration
You must complete the Aspiration of the Baron of Mansions as you upgrade your home after each of your dead spouses. You are free to complete any other aspirations except Serial Romantic, as the reward feature for this will stop any jealousy.
Know how to make Ambrosia
You must have a Flag Acara and a Youth Potion for each spouse and your main sim must have the ability to cook ambrosia. It's entirely up to you to give this ambrosia to the ghosts at the end of the challenge, but the skill (skill and ingredients) must be present. Remember that you need a Flower of Death to cook the ambrosia. We teach you how to cook Ambrosia in this article on how to beat the Death in The Sims 4.
You can try to get a different type of kill for each spouse and you can keep playing until you have 7 phantom spouses at home. If you decide to do this, you can make 5 out of the seven have the streak of jealousy!
Updates for Vampires
Having a vampire Black Widow or one of the spouses as a vampire is allowed. If the Black Widow is a vampire, you are not allowed to drink deeply from any of the family members, as this causes the Sims to pass out, which can be manipulated to your advantage.
Whether you want your black widow to raise or join a club, you decide. His black widow is not allowed to join a club with any family members. Your black widow may be in a club with the intended spouse, but there shouldn't be any buffs or club rules that would make it easier to date that intended spouse. Therefore, a dance club would be acceptable where fans are to increase dance learning and/or DJ skills.
When to invite future spouses to live in your home is up to you, but you cannot have a future spouse at home without some level of romantic relationship. Aliens and vampires can also be spouses.
Remember to empty your spouse's inventories before they die, especially if you're collecting. Full inventories are known to cause problems. You can store all excess collectibles in a basement.
You can change/build on any lot and add Sims to homes or the 'Off World' category at any time. If you want a scary themed house, you can demolish and rebuild your initial as soon as your main sim moves using the money he has available. Or find one in the gallery and put it in your game so your main sim can buy it as their starting house.
CC is allowed. Do not use Mods that will change the game's difficulty level. (For example, lighting mods are acceptable, but not mods that affect Sims' emotions.)
Whatever you want in The Sims 4
the sims is a simulator developed by Maxis and published by EA Games. In it you create your characters, build houses however you want, you can get a job, relationships, raise a family or do whatever you want. The franchise has several titles and several spin-offs, released for PC and several consoles such as PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Wii and even for Sega's Mega Drive.
Tell us if you're excited about playing The Sims 4 challenges again? Did you manage to evolve from Trash to Luxury? Did you find the challenge difficult? Leave it in the comments and read more about The Sims on our website.