If you're tired of typing with a keyboard, entering text can be as easy as using your voice on the keyboard. Windows 10. The operating system includes built-in speech recognition and dictation capabilities. See how to set them up and how to type by voice.
How to Enable Voice Recognition and Dictation in Windows 10
Microsoft's dictation software is a useful way on how to type by voice and write text quickly in Windows 10 using the keyboard shortcut of Windows + H. But it might still not be enabled by default on your system, so you might have to take a quick trip to the settings to enable it.
In Settings, click on “Ease of Access”.
In the left pane, scroll down and click "Speech" in the sidebar. Under Speech Settings, click on the button located under “Turn on speech recognition”. It should change to the “Enabled” position.
Keep in mind that voice recognition for voice typing is only available in a few languages, including English, French, German, Spanish, Mandarin and Japanese. To perform this action quickly, press Windows + Ctrl + S to turn voice recognition on or off instantly.
When activating voice recognition for the first time, you will need to configure it to recognize your voice.
To perform initial microphone setup such as voice typing, connect a headset microphone, desk microphone, or other peripheral microphones. Then follow the onscreen prompt to choose and calibrate your microphone. We recommend using a headset microphone for dictation software.
Once the headset is connected, say the on-screen phrase into your microphone so that the system will capture your voice and be able to recognize you while using the program.
Finish by selecting whether or not you want to allow the computer to analyze documents and e-mail to help you improve voice recognition accuracy in how to type by voice.
Once setup is complete, you are ready to start typing by voice in Windows 10!
Also check out:
- How To Print On Windows 10 In 2021?
- Windows 11: How to Install Quickly and Officially
- Windows 11: Everything You Need to Know
- Windows 10 How to Scan Documents and Photos.
- How to Activate Windows 10 in 2021 (Without Installing Nothing)
How to type by voice in Windows 10
Once you've successfully set up the microphone, you can start doing things like voice typing. The wizard will prompt you to enable Speech Recognition to run whenever you start your computer. Answer appropriately according to your preferences and you're finally ready to start typing with your voice.
If you want to use dictation, select a text field and access the dictation bar with Windows + H. We will use a blank text document as an example. After clicking Windows + H, the dictation bar will appear at the top of the screen:
Dictation will automatically activate and prompt you to speak as soon as you access the dictation bar. Otherwise, just click on the microphone icon to activate it.
After learning how to type by voice, start speaking into your microphone. Speak in complete, deliberate sentences. You can say what you like and you'll see it typed on the screen as you go. Here are some tips as you dictate:
- Punctuation: to add punctuation, say the name of the punctuation mark you want to use as you work. For example, say “period” to put a period at the end of a sentence, or say “comma”, “dash”, “semicolon”, “exclamation point” or “question mark” to add the signs of punctuation to your document.
- Parentheses: For parentheses, say “open parentheses” to start a sentence in parentheses and “close parentheses” to end the sentence.
- Numerical values: say “numeric” followed by a number to enter numeric values.
- Navigation paragraphs: to move to the next paragraph, say “next line” or “next paragraph”.
- Deleting text: to exclude words, say “delete”, followed by the word you want to exclude. You can also say “delete previous sentence” to get rid of an entire sentence that you no longer want to keep in the document.
- Selecting: to select a word, say “select” followed by the word you want to highlight.
- Move to beginning or end of sentence: If you want to go to the beginning or end of a sentence, say “go to the beginning of the sentence” or “go to the end of the sentence. This also works for navigating paragraphs and at the beginning or end of a document.
Remember to speak clearly and avoid speaking too fast as this can disrupt the flow of your writing as the software tries to keep up with your pace (when speaking fast we experience some delay in entry until we slow down a bit).
Stop dictating by saying “stop dictating”. To turn it back on, or to turn it off unexpectedly, click on the microphone in the dictation bar to reactivate it:
Dictation lets you use your voice to write things faster and easier than typing, and it's a lot of fun too.
Also check out:
- What Is RAM Memory? Everything You Need to Know
- What Are The Best Capture Cards Of 2021? For Games, Streaming And More
- The Best Indie PC Games In 2021
- TV for Games in 2021: Everything You Need to Know
- TN Vs IPS Vs VA Panel: Which One Best? Know All About
How to disable speech recognition and dictation in Windows 10
Dictation software is ideal for many uses, but then you may decide to disable it at some point. If you accidentally enable dictation or just don't want to use it anymore, disabling it is pretty simple. All you have to do is press Windows +H again to disable it.
If you want to turn off speech recognition entirely, so as not to start dictation accidentally, turn it off using Windows + Ctrl + S. This will completely disable speech recognition.
Alternatively, go back to Windows settings. Click on "Ease of Access" again, find "Speech" and change the button under the words "Enable speech recognition" to the "off" position.
Remember that you can always turn on speech recognition and use the dictation feature anytime with Windows + H. Happy writing!
Google f releases information about Hacker Attacks on Youtube that have already affected channels such as Felipe Neto and Zangado
Warzone Tips: Call of Duty: Warzone is now one of the most popular games around the world. Despite its mechanics and easy operation, many people still haven't won their first victory inside the Verdansk battle royale, even halfway through almost two years of the title that came out in March 2020, to…
Several Round 6 Apps in Play Store may be infected with malware