Microsoft is distributing a new update package for this month of September to Win10 users and some are experiencing problems after installation. According to testimonials found on the website Windows Latest, the September update causes flaws in the (WSL 2).
Check it out here: Call of Duty Warzone for novice players: Minimum requirements and download
The update that is causing headaches for users is the KB4571756. The September package includes security changes and significant improvements, such as fixing the bug that defragments SSDs at each boot. See the improvements for this new update below.
Improvements and fixes
- Resolves an issue with a possible elevation of privilege in windowmanagement.dll .
- Addresses a security vulnerability issue with user proxies and HTTP-based intranet servers. After installing this update, HTTP-based intranet servers cannot use a user proxy by default to detect updates. Scans using these servers will fail if clients do not have a system proxy configured.
- Security updates for Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Graphics Component, Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Management, Kernel, Windows Virtualization, Storage and Filesystems, Microsoft Scripting Engine, and Microsoft JET Database Engine.
Element Not Found error
When the Subsystem (WSL 2) goes into action, the user receives an error message saying “Element Not Found”.
According to the affected users, the bug occurs on computers running on the system in version 20H2 (19042) with the 2004 edition (May 2020 update). The company has not yet officially commented on the matter, so perhaps the company has not yet identified the flaw in the operating system.
Solving the problem
As Microsoft has not yet commented on the matter, it may be that the official fix for this issue is a little late to take effect. So the best alternative is to uninstall the KB4571756 update.
To uninstall the update with this problem, just perform these simple steps:
- Go in settings
- Please click Update and Security
- Go to option View update history
- Please click Uninstall updates
- Find the update KB4571756 and click Uninstall
- restart the computer
What about and are you having trouble with your WSL? Comment if this post helped you in the problem